[PATCH 0/2] Speed up xdiff_outf, and therefore git blame
When using git gui blame on some files in one of my repositories, and
noticing some rather depressing performance, I decided to look for some
low-hanging fruit to optimize.
I found that a lot of the time is spent in xdiff_outf continually
xreallocing and freeing memory for a string. I decided to replace that
with a strbuf. Unfortunately this now means that there are resources
that need to be freed after using xdiff_outf, so a new interface for
doing that needed to be created first.
The performance difference on my repository is not amazing, but quite