Quantcast

Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

srinivas naga vutukuri
just cloning any git repository, next time onwards after pulling
changes, the gitk is showing
at the top "Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index". Why
it is happening.


-srinivas.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [hidden email]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

Matthieu Moy
"srinivas naga vutukuri" <[hidden email]> writes:

> just cloning any git repository, next time onwards after pulling
> changes, the gitk is showing
> at the top "Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index". Why
> it is happening.

What do "git status" and "git diff" say?

--
Matthieu
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [hidden email]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

srinivas naga vutukuri
Actually am doing around the 2.6 linux kernel git, and once cloned
using rsync url
and then done couple of times the git pull, to sync to the latest to the remote.

I just done "git status", Its giving the following output. But i
have't done around these files anything at all, not opened, etc.

-------------
# On branch master
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_dscp.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_mark.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_rateest.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_tcpmss.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_connmark.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_dscp.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ecn.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_mark.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_tcpmss.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_tos.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ttl.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv6/ip6t_hl.h
#       modified:   include/linux/netfilter_ipv6/ip6t_mark.h
#       modified:   net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ecn.c
#       modified:   net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ttl.c
#       modified:   net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6t_hl.c
#       modified:   net/netfilter/xt_connmark.c
#       modified:   net/netfilter/xt_dscp.c
#       modified:   net/netfilter/xt_mark.c
#       modified:   net/netfilter/xt_rateest.c
#       modified:   net/netfilter/xt_tcpmss.c
#
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
---------------

-srinivas.


On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Matthieu Moy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "srinivas naga vutukuri" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> just cloning any git repository, next time onwards after pulling
>> changes, the gitk is showing
>> at the top "Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index". Why
>> it is happening.
>
> What do "git status" and "git diff" say?
>
> --
> Matthieu
>
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [hidden email]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

Matthieu Moy
"srinivas naga vutukuri" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Actually am doing around the 2.6 linux kernel git, and once cloned
> using rsync url
> and then done couple of times the git pull, to sync to the latest to the remote.
>
> I just done "git status", Its giving the following output. But i
> have't done around these files anything at all, not opened, etc.

You probably updated the .git/ directory without updating the working
tree. Normally, "git pull" does not do that, so I don't know what's
wrong.

Can you provide exactly the way to reproduce? i.e. stg like

$ git status
# nothing
$ git pull
$ git status
# something

--
Matthieu
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [hidden email]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

Johannes Sixt-2
In reply to this post by srinivas naga vutukuri
srinivas naga vutukuri schrieb:
> I just done "git status", Its giving the following output. But i
> have't done around these files anything at all, not opened, etc.
>
> -------------
> # On branch master
> # Changed but not updated:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #
> #       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
...

You are on a case-insensitive file system. The linux kernel source
requires a case-sensitive file system because the sources contain both of
these files:

include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
include/linux/netfilter/xt_CONNMARK.h

(ditto for the other cases that you observed).

-- Hannes

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [hidden email]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

srinivas naga vutukuri
Yes, you are right, am using cygwin, without having the point in mind,
i simply thought some thing is going wrong on the git side, I just
compared with the gitweb copy on the kernel.org.

I just seen in the cygwin faqs, could possibility of case sensitive
managed mount in cygwin,
have to see if can achieve that.

And thanks for giving clarity.

-srinivas.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Johannes Sixt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> srinivas naga vutukuri schrieb:
>> I just done "git status", Its giving the following output. But i
>> have't done around these files anything at all, not opened, etc.
>>
>> -------------
>> # On branch master
>> # Changed but not updated:
>> #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
>> #
>> #       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
> ...
>
> You are on a case-insensitive file system. The linux kernel source
> requires a case-sensitive file system because the sources contain both of
> these files:
>
> include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
> include/linux/netfilter/xt_CONNMARK.h
>
> (ditto for the other cases that you observed).
>
> -- Hannes
>
>
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [hidden email]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Loading...